I totally suck at the daily recap thing. *sigh* If only there were more hours in a day... Not that I use them all productively anyway. lol, I can pretend I do though right? Though, I guess raising 2 kids and keeping my sanity at the same time IS productive in some sense of the word, at least in my opinion.
Hmm, notable things since last week...
Wednesday: I had the appointment with admissions at the university. It went really well, we enrolled me in two courses for this summer: Management something online for the first summer session and Research Methods, face-to-face for the second summer session. Now I just have to figure out how i'm going to fund tuition, not only for the summer but for the rest of the time i'm there.
Thursday: Cia and I went up to Hoopie's and then shopping at the outlets with Hoopie and KayKay. It was fun. Mr. Von spent the day at home with Grama. He isn't much for sitting in the stroller for hours on end. But, I did find him the puddle boots he wanted (frogs) and he was so excited he has barely taken them off since I gave them to him when I got home.
Saturday night, went back up to Hoopies for dinner with Queen Wendell & her family. We ate lasagna and ribs. Donovon went down the zip line a few times (he totally loved it!) and don't worry, there was an adult holding onto his waist the whole time lol, then we played Apples to Apples. It was a super fun game. I need to add it to my *non-existent* game collection.
Sunday night, Curly came over and we just talked & hung out for hours. He drew my ear (a required drawing for one of his classes), which turned out pretty cool. D would NOT go to sleep, he was up till after midnight. Finally he fell asleep and somehow we just cuddled and talked until 2am. He's still as amazing as ever. <3
Monday: Day 1 of Mission: "try to get D to sleep in his room". Naptime, we were running errands and he slept in the car for an hour-ish. So at bedtime, we read a story in the glider, then another story in his bed and he passed out. He slept in there on his own until 2ish am, when he came into my room and I just let him finish the night with me.
Oh and Baby chicks started hatching today! They are soo cute and fluffy soft!
Tuesday: Day 2, Naptime took a while, but he ended up sleeping in Cia's crib (which she has yet to and won't try to use for months yet, if then) and fell asleep by himself. Then, bedtime came around and the child would NOT cooperate. I ended up giving in and letting him sleep with me because I WAS TIRED! Only for him to stay awake longer playing with my hair and driving me crazy. Then at 4am when I woke up to nurse Cia, I realized he had PEED THE BED! Ugh! So, changed his chonies and pants, put a towel over his wet spot and I thought we'd go back to sleep? Nope. Instead both children thought it was time to be wide awake. For three hours. Awesome. Needless to say, after the kids fell back asleep (after 7am) we all slept until 11ish!
No nap for him since well, we woke up so late! But at 9pm, we brushed our teeth, washed our faces, read two stories and sang a song... & guess who fell asleep on his own by 9:30pm, in his bed!? yay! It's been an hour. We'll see how long he lasts tonight!

Stay strong and don't give up on D sleeping in his bed. How is Cia sleeping at night?
ReplyDelete